I just had to share that a recipe for churros I posted on Instagram (you can follow me there for more frequent recipes, wine and cocktail goodness at @the_wine_muse) was posted in Zulay Kitchen’s blog. You can check it out here: https://www.zulaykitchen.com/blogs/recipe/churros-recipe
In the meantime, here is the recipe:
• 1 cup water
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 cups oil (for frying)
• 1/2 cup white sugar
• 2 tablespoons cinnamon
1. Combine water, 2 tablespoons sugar, salt, and 2 tablespoons oil in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Remove from heat and add the flour. Mix until combined. Let cool, then spoon the dough into a piping bag.
3. Heat 2 cups of oil in a pan. Pipe dough in long strips and fry until golden brown. Flip over and fry the other side.
4. Mix together the sugar and cinnamon. Roll the fried churros in the sugar mixture until coated.